Friday, September 12, 2008

Back in LCC

Due to a stormy forecast and rain clouds in the sky Matt Toone and I decide to save on gas money and not make the drive to American Fork on Wednesday instead we took advantage of the climbing up Little Cottonwood. We met up at the Gate and hiked up to the Dihedral's to do a little trad climbing.

The day started out with a light rain which detoured us for the warm-up and looked for something with more coverage. Matt on the sharp end of things put up Equipment Overhang pulling the roof onto a slippery, rainy slab (the slab was nervy on TR). After that I was up on Black and White and John and Mary. Matt on the other end of things had the opportunity to catch my first whipper on gear, that was some live sports action. After slightly soiling myself, and taking a moment to pull it all back together I eventually clipped the chains. Thanks for hanging with me Matt. Shortly there after we called it a day. The sky showed a little blue and the sun came out for the hike back to the car. The day was good. The trad climbing was fun - I like what it does for my head and it is a good mix into my climbing diet.

Well I'm off on another adventure of climbing and dirt roads.

Have a good weekend.
-chris

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy cow--
Equipment Overhang in the rain?!
I bet the slab top-out was nervy- I thought it was a little scary even when it was dry!
Have fun this weekend!